View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Yes females mark.. marking is talking not a terriorty thing.
It can also be fear/axeity as the pee smells like her and helps calm.

As to treat good job reating when peeing and I would now change it up. If she is peeing more then once everytime she goes out I would treat everyother one. Which starts the radom reinforcment thing needed to help learning and then the next time I would do it one treat for the first pee and once just after last pee as you are about to go in.

When she pees inside... remove her out of sight and do clean up and what ever you do no matter how frustrated you are do not respond to her other then to remove either postive or negative in any way as be accident you can be reinforcing it as you are resonding by being frustrated.. Now hang on it is ok to be furstraed but she sees it and it is a reward or a resonce to her even if baad and it can do the oppostie fo what you want and cause her to do it more as it is attention even if negative.
Hope that made sence tired boys...dogs had me up at 5 this morning so bagged here.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!