View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #13
mollyollie
Yorkie Yakker

Default Our Odie Went To Heaven This Morning

Late last night Odie started having some major problems. We could feel that the tumor was getting bigger & spreading. He would not play with his toy and was very restless. He finally fell asleep beside me but this morning when he woke up he started pawing at the side of his face and his little head would jerk to the side and the worse thing was that each time he cried out in pain. Right before we left for the vet he climbed up on my lap where he would always be when I was sitting in my chair & my heart was breaking. We had the appointment with his vet and we tried to prepare ourselves as to what was to come, but how does one ever prepare? The doctor told us the biopsy showed malignant melenoma. Where the tumor was located, the way it had spread in only a weeks time and that he was now in pain, we knew that we could not let our precious little baby suffer one more minute. We spent some time with him alone and then I held him in my arms until he went to heaven to be with Molly, Muffy, Trixie and Mitzie and I know that he will be waiting for me and John.

The pain in our hearts is monumental. I can't seem to stop crying but I know that my baby is at peace and he will not be in any more pain and from what the doctor said it would only have gotten way worse.

Thank you all so very much for all of your prayers. Please pray for John and I. I know that we will get through this because we have had to go through it so many times before, but it isn't any easier. Thank God we still have our Oliver. Sorry if I'm rambling. Thank you again for your prayers. Good-bye my precious baby, I will carry you in my heart forever. Rest in Peace.
Thanks for listing.

Helen, Odie's Heartbroken Mom
mollyollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!