Thread: Large Yorkie
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #13
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I wonder if your dog was registered with the UKC or the UKCI?
The UKC (United Kennel Club)

"The UKC is a well-respected registry for many rare breeds as well as those recognized by the AKC. If you are shopping for a breed not recognized by the AKC, do your homework and find out which breed registries are commonly used by respected breeders."

The UKCI:
UKCI - Universal Kennel Club International Caters to the commercial dog industry and promises 'Complete Privacy Protection' for all breeders. Does not have a Code Of Ethics and brags about that. Does not currently impose any fines or penalties upon its members for violations of its policies, rules, regulations, guidelines, programs, restrictions and systems. * Registers* mixed breeds for breeding purposes. Will register unknown pedigree. NAPDR - North American Purebred Dog Registry Dog that does not have registration papers or proof of pedigree may be registered with NAPDR.

Registries
nancy she is talking about UKC as in United Kennel Club. Very different and very strict. or I am assuming she is. Go to ukcdogs.com and you will see the difference. You will also see that they are almost the same AKC.
http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/WebPages/LrnAboutUKC

Doesn't say anything about rare breeds and I know they only accept breeds that are recognized by AKC. Unless something is changed. i have shown UKC for about two years now.

Last edited by Sugar's Mom; 07-02-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!