View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
RoxyLuv
Donating YT 500 Club Member

The groomer I used one time wanted them as close to 3 mo as possible to get them trained young. Our vet said absolutely no groomers until Roxy was completely done w/her shots. So I followed what the vet said. She was probably about 5 mo or so when I finally took her. Roxy was having a very high energy day as it turned out. I should have canceled & felt bad for the groomer. So I didn't expect much, but emphasized only a little trim, no clippers. Groomer did pretty good inspite of Roxy's energy. Her hair hasn't been growing very fast, so I haven't really felt the need to take her back yet. In the meantime, I've read so many horrible groomer stories I don't know that I want to take her back. I just don't think I could handle it if I returned to pick her up & found a real hack job like a lot of you have. I've had too many hack jobs on myself by beauticians who didn't listen to what I wanted, & I'm just not havin' it happen again even on my Roxy. Of course, I don't know if I'm any good at grooming either! lol

I don't know if there's a perfect answer to your question. The groomer I used seemed eager to please me, & schedules puppies late afternoon, so she can take her time with them. When I asked her about how long it takes, her answer was 'as long as it takes'. : ) I printed pics of cuts that I like & gave to her. She was thrilled when I said she could keep them. Oh, and when I first called I specifically asked if she does custom jobs as opposed to the basic puppy cut & she does.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!