View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
dogluvr
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question Morning Throw Up ....Revisited...

I posted a thread a while back about morning throw up and was amazed how many Yorkies have this issue and we all seem to be dealing with it by feeding them a little at night. I didn't think much more about it until one day last week my Biewer, Madigan, started throwing up several times and was very listless and crying out in distress. He was also circling around and jittery like he couldn't get comfortable. We took him to the vet and long story shorter, he had 3 plant pods he had ingested that were lodged in his intestines. They were about the size of a fat whole almond and very hard - like wood. We still don't know where they came from - possibly a tree in a neighbors yard and they fell in ours... anyway, the vet was able to get them out rectally (ug!) and he had some internal bleeding but after several days in hospital, antibiotics, soft food, etc. he is 100%. Here's the interesting part..maybe a coincidence...he has not had one episode of throwing up since then and I haven't been feeding him late at night. Could this mean he had the pods lodged in his system for the past month and that was why he was throwing up? Then why do so many Yorkies have throw up issues? It goes without saying that I now have to watch him like a hawk and keep him from putting anything foreign in his mouth. He's like a toddler.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!