View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 02:56 PM   #5
Maximus
Yorkie Yakker

Raiza,
If you look for it, a while ago, like 1-2 months, I had the SAME problem with Max. He had a big nickle size bold spot on top of his head!!! I was alarmed when I found that cause my parents were watching him for me over the week and I think my mom tied his hair kind of hard and it must have been itch for him. I cut his hair all around his head and neck, so the spot does not look so noticeable from his long hair. Then I gave it about 2 weeks. After about then (like 2-3 wks) I notice that hairs were starting to grow back, I felt SO lucky and I THANK GOD he was gonna be alright. Now it's been about 2 months or so. All grew back, but still very short. Other hair grew back on his face too so just past weekend, I gave him another cut around his face and eyes.

I think (and many will say no, but think it's true) some yorkies have more tender and softer skin than others and we have to be very careful about tieing their hair. I am really scared to tie his hair again, even though he is so so cute when his hair is tied. I don't think i am going to tie his hair for a good while, maybe for like a year or so. His head skin is pink and tender and I don't want to cause any harm. that's my opinion. I just want him to be painfree and happy. Cheers!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!