View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #9
Dame
Senior Yorkie Talker

I think its difficult to really get a clear idea of what they do, this is off their website

Quote:
FLEXPETZ gives our members an opportunity to carefully evaluate dog ownership while at the same time, funding a great quality of life for our dogs. And the system works: FLEXPETZ dogs generally stay with FLEXPETZ for an average of 90 days before being adopted on a permanent basis by a member family. The FLEXPETZ experience gives our members a real understanding of the responsibilities of owning a dog - and ensures that the dog finally gets their "forever" home.
So, from that I assume that a huge part of the service isn't renting the dog... its having the ability to meet several dogs in the privacy of your own home in a sort of "trial" period to figure out what dog is right for you. In that sense I think its a great idea, there are so many dogs that get dumped in shelters because someone didn't realize the demands of that dog when they got it. This could help bypass that. Perhaps someone who things they want a big dog finally gets to see what it would be like to live with a big dog (or small dog for that matter) and realizes what its like - and doesn't want a big dog. With this, its a much happier ending for dog and family alike. So many people I think get a dog without thinking it through and then get faced with the reality of what dog ownership really is - this would be a way to get past that.

The idea of simply renting a dog? I have to agree is terrible, but I am not sure that this is entirely the case with this company.
[/B]
Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!