Thread: A Warning...
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 05:20 AM   #8
MarcyG
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
Yes, a good reminder my youngest daughter is almost two and I agree that those little hands are very quick! She is very gentle with our two, but I am constantly watching to make sure that her hands don't get too grabby.

Where were the parents of this toddler? Who lets a two-year old (essentially a baby) approach and touch someone's dog? I am sure they would have suddenly materialised if your furbaby had (understandably) bitten the child through fear or pain.

I was taught as a child that you never stroke a dog without asking the owners permission first, and it's a lesson I've passed on to my children.....surely it's just common sense - for safety of the dog and the child xxx
I agree so many children are not taught to ask first then it's the dogs fault for biting. I had kiara (in her stroller) and my daughter (she's 11) at crocker park in westlake, we were getting lunch. I went inside the sandwich shop to order and my daughter was outside sitting at a table. and 2 little girls (around 8 & 4) approched her and were asking about Kiara and asked my daughter to bring her out and she said "no only my mom can" I walked out moments later and the girl was unziping the stroller with her hand inside so I said sternly get out of there. I couldn't believe it and the mother is sitting down the street on her cell phone. so I had a little talk with thise girls about not touching others peoples dogs without asking.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!