View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
JenniLeigh
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unlove Riker fell off the bed! =(

Our puppy was sound asleep when I went downstairs to fix myself some dinner. I feel so guilty and horrible now because every time he hears a bag crinkle he gets excited, thinking he'll receive a treat. He must have heard me downstairs and jumped excitedly off the bed, or missed the pet stairs we have placed for our puppies. I'm not quite sure how he fell, but I heard a horrible yelp and a few whines afterwards. Immediately I ran upstairs to find my baby holding his front right paw up and running towards me in fear. We rushed him to the emergency vet and they have him overnight. They think he's either dislocated his elbow or there's a fracture in that area. The surgeon will be calling us tomorrow after they do more extensive X-rays (they have to put him down.) I know it's far fetched but I wanted to see if anyone has ever dealt with an elbow injury before. We were quoted over $4,500 for the surgery alone if in fact it is a fracture. They also gave us a disc of his x-rays. Honestly, this is my first time ever looking at a puppy's front leg. Just wondering if anyone can offer some more advice...I'm literally heart broken right now =( Below are some of the X-rays of the little guy's elbow. This has been one of the worst months ever..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 5.jpg (50.2 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 6.jpg (50.1 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 7.jpg (49.1 KB, 65 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!