Thread: A Warning...
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
shannonroselive
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default A Warning...

I just wanted to mention once again that small children, especially toddlers, need to be VERY closely watched around Yorkies, or any other tiny dog for that matter. Toddlers are VERY quick and their tiny hands fit perfectly around Curly Macs neck. It NEARLY happened again at the park yesterday.

I had Curly on her lead while watching Jack play in the water. Lots of kids so I keep the lead short, just long enough for her to be at my ankle. I don't allow anyone to touch Curly as it gets her wound up, I don't know them, and if I let one, the entire crowd comes and suffocates us. Basically, once I let someone touch her, I no longer get to enjoy my son for all the petting and questions etc.
Anyway, two kids come rushing over to see Curly. One is about 6 and the other is about 2 yrs old. The second the older boy let the baby's hand go, he went for Curly's neck. He doesn't know better but it's scary! Thankfully, I snatched her up in time but the first time this happened, I didn't expect it and the child got her around her neck and wasn't gonna let go! All the while, the dad laughed.

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows to really watch because while the children are cute and mean no harm, they can grab REALLY fast! It's much different with strangers because they don't know to be careful and many simply don't care that they don't know us, just come running up and grab!

K, that's all.
shannonroselive is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!