View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #6
scentlady
Donating YT Addict

when I fly with my baby, I stop feeding and drinking a few hours before I leave for the airport. I also take her for a nice walk to tire her out before we leave. Once we get to the gate I give her a drink. This keeps her from having a full bladder as my dog won't use wee wee pads.I wait for last call when boarding the plane due to the fact that in the gate area they can be out of their carrier. or in it with it unzipped/open. but once on the plane they have to go right under the seat in front of you so I prefer to be last one on the plane for that reason. NYC to FL isn't going to be a very long flight so I am sure your dog will be fine. The humm of the plane puts my girls to sleep. As long as they can see, hear and smell me they are fine. I've had people sitting right next to me on arrival say I didn't even know you had a dog in there. As soon as we land I pull the carrier to my lap and unzip the top so I can pet and talk to her. What are they going to say to me? we have arrived.. My maltese has flown about 7 or 8 times and my yorkie once. (I've only had my yorkie a few months).
If she's prone to motion sickness. your vet can tell you how much drammamine you can give your baby or benedryl. I've tried both. luckily neither made my dog hyper. But I don't give them anything now. I think I did it as a precaution but they don't need it now they are such good little travelers. They are happy just being with me. Thats how your baby will be too. If you're calm, they're calm. If you're nervous they feel that energy and get nervous too.

Happy trails and enjoy traveling with your baby! its the only way to go!!!
scentlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!