View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #10
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySissy View Post
Please keep in mind that a full blood panel is only going to show the amylase and lipase levels and is not a definitive diagnosis for pancreatitis. They vet needs to do the Spec cPL test (which he needs to be fasting 12 hours to do). The cPL, TLI, folate and cobalamine levels are all needed to acurately diagnose pancreatitis and can also tell if there is something else going on.
100% agree the cpli will test for pancreatitis and tli will test for epi and good to have both checked. The prob is cpli takes 3-4 days to come back so the only thing they have to go on initially is triglycerides which tests the fat content in the blood and the lipase and amylase which are not always accurate as dex were low when he was real sick and real high when he was feeling better which was very odd do not waste your money on an ultrasound as the cpli will be most accurate for pancreatitis. All the ultrasound will show you for $400 is the pancreas is inflamed - i wasted alot of money on 3 of those for no real reason i do not believe myself
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!