View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nneessaa View Post
My yorkies hair is very thin so I don't think he likes the feel of grass. He needs to do sit, lay down, and stay for agility and it is on grass. He refuses to put his belly on the group so he puts his butt up about 1/2 inch when he sits and his belly 1/2" off the ground when he lays down. I'm not sure what to do. He always gets those black fly bites when he does lay on the grass, which I think is why he doesn't like it.

Also, does anyone know where I can get some cheap agility equipment?
Try teaching him on a blanket on the grass.
It has more to do with him feeling safe then the grass but it could be the ard surface.grass if he will lay down outside on hard surface.
Dogs find it hard to lay down if they think they are at risk of getting attacked or something coming at them and they may not be able to get away.

I start again teaching down just like you did the first time he learned and retrain it. You can use a blanket and make it smaller each time you practice until he will lay down without it.

As for equipment I got a list at the last dog show of agility equipment made of nylon but I have not really looked at it let me track that down and I will get back to you on that.

As form the bugs check wit hthe vet before using bug spray as if he licks it he may just get sick.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!