View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #8
nneessaa
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraM View Post
My three get their rabies vaccinations once in two/three years.

Took them to vet yesterday, Friday, for the annual heartworm test and other vaccs. (Distemper, adenovirus type 2, parainfluenza, parvovirus combo)

All three received the DA2PP along with heartworm blood work. My bichon reacted immediately with scratching face, turning reddish and vomiting. The vet gave him Benadryl, steroid and something to calm his stomach. Poor thing. He is still not well today.

I have been told by our vet, he MUST NOT have these vaccs ever again. It could kill him.
I am trying to make him as comfortable as possible but he is dark pink all over. No other symptoms.

Poor thing.
This is exactly why I don't like vaccinations, especially the combo. Distemper, parvo, and rabies are the most important and have the least side effects (except rabies, but that is required).

I believe dogs should get vaccinated as puppies and again at 1 year. And then maybe at age 6-7. Rabies should be given with whatever the law is in your area. Usually it is 3 year. Vaccinations have a lot of side effects, even in the long run.

My dog is just getting his year boosters. He got rabies 2 weeks ago, and I'm waiting 3 weeks between EACH vaccine. He is getting rabies, then distemper, then parvo. Each 3 weeks apart. I'm not going to risk his life giving him 5 different diseases at once.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!