View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #13
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Dawg View Post
Lighten up! People will call our furballs rats. That's the way it is and the way it will always be. Just smile and get over it. They do look like rats to some people, especially when wet. No need to get upset about it. Comes with the territory. Folks called my pom a rat too. That's life! Woof!

~CD
I sort of feel like that too as long as they are saying it without malice. In fact, my comment when told Ben looked like a rat was, "You ought to see him wet!" and then I just smiled proudly. I don't think most people mean any harm, they are just trying to be funny and most would LOVE to have a Yorkie themself. Now if someone was being nasty, purposefully rude, or added the kicking motion some described, I might change my attitude toward them too. I especialy got a kick out of Dromi and lilfufugirl's response! Oh, wish I had been there to see that!

There isone YT member who also has pet rats and she thinks they are very cute -- so when someone tells her, her Yorkie looks like a rat, she can take it as a compliment!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!