View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #13
nneessaa
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
But since yorkies are small they can easily get their needed amount of exercise just playing and running around an apartment!
I think that every dog should be walked. Just because they are small doesn't mean they won't have a more interesting life if they get to see more than one house. I make a big deal about people not walking their pets. Mostly because almost all the dogs I see on my street are not walked, and they sit in the window barking at you all day. My dog doesn't, because he isn't bored and is exercised. I got him and he had so much pent up energy from never being exercised that he went crazy for WEEKS! After daily walks he eventually calmed down into a happier dog. I have experienced first hand the negative things of not exercising a dog and I think a tired dog makes a happier and more well behaved dog.

I don't take my Yorkie to the dog park. I took him a few times and he hated it. Don't get me wrong, he LOVES other dogs. He just doesn't love getting tackled by 5 big dogs he has never met all at once. He's fine if he knows them, but he needs to sniff the dog for 10 seconds before he isn't scared of it. He gets overwhelmed at the dog park. We don't have a good dog park in Cupertino. I think they are planning to build one soon but the closest one is 15 minutes. I don't know a dog park with two sections around here.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!