View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #12
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82 View Post
i take morgan to the dog park all the time. There is a small dog section so there are never any big dogs in there. I watch morgan and follow her around while we are there. When i first get there i carry her in and observe the other dogs for a few minutes to see if there are any crazy ones there. If there are, i'll hold her and wait. Usually at the park i go to most of the dogs are well behaved and if they are not other people will say something to the owner of the ill-behaved dog. I also always watch to see who is coming in and watch the dogs when they first enter. There are certain breeds i do not like because they are either too hyper or have high prey drives so i'll pick morgan up when i see them coming until i'm sure they are ok.

I think the dog park is a great place for place and socialization. You just need to remember that anyone can go there and their dogs may not have the best manners, or the owners don't have control over their dogs.

Things to remember:
Only go to a small dog park/section
observe the other dogs before you put your yorkie down
observe owners to make sure they can handle their dogs
observe owners/dogs that are coming in
Agree!

There is an extremely nice one here in Annapolis with the small dog/big dog sections and all the dogs were surprisingly mellow, calm but still playful enough for Jackson to get a good run! I will for sure be taking him back. It's great. It's get them experience with other dogs and socialized and it wears them out!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!