Thread: new here
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 08:14 AM   #7
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenewren View Post
I'm jennie and I have been on here sense I knew I was going to be getting my baby yorkie Roscoe. he is now 3 months old and he is with us. he fit right in and even gets
along with the cat, they like to play and so now cat is going to get her claws out,we are afraid the cat might get roscoe in the face...Roscoe is 2lb 6oz as of last friday, he was the runt of a litter of 6 pups. we live in upper michigan and I'm wondering how he will do in the winter months,I guess time will tell.

thanks jen
Hi welcome to Yorkietalk! I'm not sure what you mean by you wonder how he'll do in the winter months? You are not keeping him outside are you? We live in AZ and our winters are pretty mild, but Joey gets chilled easily and this is the time of year that I use shirt, and hoodies.

I'm a little concerned about declawing your cat at this late stage. Dogs will learn to stay away from cats, from what I've heard, and declawing is very painful, especially on an adult cat. Maybe you could post a thread and ask the question. There are lots of Yorkie owners who also have cats.

Join today and remove this ad!