View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Illinois -- Chloe Bill and the JTF

I have been trying to make a concentrated effort to write to congressmen and senators in states that do not have good pet sales laws. I live in Florida but grew up in Illinois. So, Illinois is my current project. They have a Chloe Bill that really needs to get passed! Hope others will join me in that quest. Here is an email list to start -- let them hear from you!
Illinois in the 111th Congress (1st Session) Illinois in the 111th Congress

Just this month, Illinois has initiated a Joint Task Force for Breeders and Pet Stores. This fact finding mission could be just the thing to push for the passage of the Chloe Bill!

Here are some of the Chloe Bill highlights:

--Regulate commercial dog breeders and pet stores by establishing penalties for violations, ranging from fines to animal seizure and license revocation.
--Ban breeders from having more than 20 dogs who haven’t been spayed or neutered.
--Require licensing for those who have three or more females "for the purpose of the sale of their offspring."
--Ban those with felony animal cruelty convictions from obtaining a dog-breeding license.
--Require pet stores and dog breeders to provide potential buyers with a dog’s full medical history.
--Require pet stores and breeders to provide facts about the cost and responsibilities of dog ownership and the benefits of spaying and neutering.
--Require breeding operations to be regularly sanitized and built to protect dogs from injury and disease, be free of wire flooring, and be well-insulated

Thanks for taking the time to support this bill!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!