Thread: Invisible fence
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
Leigh22
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Invisible fence

We're thinking about getting an invisible fence:

1.We can't have a real fence in our neighborhood. I want him to be able to run around and play without a leash.

2.I'm not worried about something trying to get him. We live on a golf course in midland South Carolina. The only things that come in our yard are rabbits and newbie golfers.

Most dogs can get across standard size fences but this can cause accidents where a dog is punctured by a chain link or scraped on a wooden fence top.

4.Electronic systems may short out during a lightening strike or more usually as a result of careless digging around the perimeter.

5. Sometimes they will go beyond the barrier, once they are on the wrong side of the fence the dog is less likely to return home voluntarily. But he would not be left unattended, so if he runs across the barrier I can run after him immediately.

6. The shocking. I swear before I would put his shock collar on him, I would put it on myself. I would try every setting just in case. I don't want to deliberately hurt my dog, but my understanding is that the shock is more of an annoyance.

I do want opinions; the good, the bad and the ugly. I want to get as much information as possible before I make the decision to get one.

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
Leigh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!