View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
Mya's_Mom
YT 500 Club Member

Angry Fire Ants in Ontario warning

I was walking my Yorkie Mya and her daughter (62 oz/6 1/2 month old) Cupcake along the bicycle path that sides on Etobicoke Creek. I have walked dogs on this same route for 10 years. Mya likes the pavement, little Cupcake likes to walk on the grass. On Sunday Cupcake let out a scream and fell on her side. She biting her paw so I thought she stepped in glass. She was covered in fire ants and then I was frantically trying to get them off her, so were my hands were getting covered by them, it happened that fast.

I heard a sprinkler near by and ran to it, the woman said her dog was attacked as well. Cupcake could not walk her eye was closed. I brought her home bathed her twice with tearless shampoo and let her soak, I rinsed her eye out with natural tears a few times. Her foot leg, tummy, eyelid and tongue/mouth had been stung. I had 14 bites on my hands and wrists as well as my forehead and face and neck.

I will call the City of Brampton to see what can be done if anything. I just wanted to let others know that fire ants are nasty like hornets and sting and attack. Cupcake must of stepped on the nest with right front paw. I hate to think what would of happened had the sprinkler not been near by. She was fine by Tuesday.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!