View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
Mike and Nano
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
I'm sure it's not fun for you, but I kind of have to respect your pup for figuring out a way to poop without getting himself dirty.

I have heard of this, but not experienced it personally. I think you can address it by getting a plastic crate without open sides - that way he was to hold it.

Do the poops look okay? Not too hard, not too soft? If they are very soft, I would imagine he is having some stomach issues. I don't think it's normal for a dog to poop more than a few times per day, so I am not sure if that indicates digestive problems or not. Maybe call your vet and ask if the medications could affect his stomach.

How old is your pup and how long have you had him? If you are leaving him in his create for six hours, he should be at least five months old. How long has he had this issue?
He's 10 weeks right now. Had him for almost 2 weeks. We've only tried crating him and ignoring twice, and he did poop twice each time =/

His poop is rather great actually. Not too hard and not too soft. The vet has him on Giardia meds because of the apparent diagnosis from his fecal sample, and it still happened before he started the meds. We might have to just try the smaller travel crate tonight and hope he doesn't mess it up this time!

Thanks for the reply.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!