View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
Mike and Nano
Yorkie Talker

Default *Pooping "Outside" Crate Overnight*

So I've mentioned this on other posts, but on both nights we've left him overnight for less than 2.5 hours or so, he somehow manages to poop on the outside of his wireframe crate.

Does anyone know if this is more of a separation anxiety issue or he needs to unload more before bed? He doesn't eat past 6pm and we put him in the crate around 11pm last night before we let him try to sleep by himself.

Of course we both overslept his crate time by an hour and a half, so when I went to check him around 2am or so, he had pooped a few times outside the crate in different areas. I cleaned it all up, let him potty on his pads (he was very anxious though while he was in his pee pen and watching me clean), and put him back in.

The next checkup was around 5am or so at this point and Brit found the same thing, some poop outside the crate.

What are we dealing with here? I don't honestly know if he has some deep anxiety issues or poop issues (he was diagnosed with Giardia but has no symptoms of it so he started the meds last night).
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!