View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 07:13 AM   #1
Buster Bailey
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Scratch post for dogs & toys to leave them when unsupervised?

My 2 yorkies, if left unattended, like to dig their claws into their pet bed, crate liner (it's a soft plush liner), and a rug I recently left in their puppy pen (they stay in their "puppy play room" in our basement during the day which has a cement floor). Their claws are not very long & I plan to start to "file" them down as well as I read about on another forum here. Does anyone else have this problem and keep something around that a dog can dig into with their claws? They only do it when left unattended or if they're outside playing & digging, so I think it's just out of boredom. I don't want to just leave them with a cement floor. I give them kongs but I think they get bored after they get the treat out & they are left alone while I'm at work in the morning, and then again after I go back to work from my lunch break. I haven't heard of too many toys that are safe to leave dogs while they're unattended - and I don't like to give them a lot of treats (don't want them to get fat!). Just wondering what people leave for their babies to keep from getting so bored when they're left alone? Buster & Bailey are 8 months old now. Any suggestions would be appreciated about the digging or the toys!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!