View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 06:14 AM   #10
chewie123
Yorkie Yakker

Chewie is 10 weeks old. I've had him for a week and he peed twice in the house. It was my own fault really, I knew he had to go but wanted to finish what I was doing. He sleeps his night fine.

I write the time when he does his stuff and I know he roughly has to go out every hour for pee and 4 hours for poo unless he is sleeping. When he wakes I take him out and write the new time down.

I am lucky to be at home with him all the time or almost. I leave the patio door open all day and he has started to go near the door when he needs to go already

I make him walk outside so he knows the way for his business. I have 3 steps to get down on the grass so I made a ramp with an old blanket on top so he wouldn't slip.

He has access to his food and water all day until 6 pm. After that I only leave water out.

Around 7 I take him in my bed and he plays with Daddy my toy poodle while I watch tv. I take him out every hour.

About half an hour before bedtime I got outside with him one last time and I put his crate in the bed. I have an old t-shirt of mine that I didn't wash and put in his crate so he still smells me.

He goes in and comes out to see if he's prisonner lol. Eventually he falls asleep in the crate and I quietly close the door. By then, he doesn't fuss to get out because he is tired from playing.

In the morning I take him out asap because he has a major jobs to do lol

Now that he knows his crate I can go out for an hour or so with him in his crate. He wakes around 7am and I know he'll take a nap around 9 and 11. It's when I know he won't fuss because I'm gone.

So far so good
chewie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!