View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #5
tammys
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I am sorry you are continuing to have problems. I can't offer much help because I have never encountered the problems you are having with the tail licking momma. The most important thing is to just make sure the pups are nursing. I really have never heard of having to give a puppy a enema when they are that young. How are the tails looking now? Can you take pictures of them? Do you let the momma stimulate them at all? Does the pup act like the tail is hurting him?

They are definitely nursing. The boy went up from 4.4 oz. to 9.4 oz. in one week. The girl went from 5.1 oz to 11 oz in one week.

My vet friend told me to try the enema. I have never heard of it before; then again, I had never heard of a young puppy being constipated.

The tails are much better, except for the ends, which are still kind of open and raw. I'll see if they show up on a picture. I should have taken a picture when she had first started doing it, but it was so gross, I honestly didn't think of it. My friend said she had never heard or seen anything like that before either.

I put band-aids on their tails, and let her lick them. Guess what? Still nothing!

They don't act like the tails are hurting them now, b/c I haven't let her lick them. They didn't complain when I put the band-aid on, so I think they're healing now. My friend said to put Neosporin on them, so maybe it's probably helping them heal.

I just can't wait for the tails to be perfect, so mama won't have anything to concentrate on.
tammys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!