View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #9
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenjiKensington View Post
I really think it depends on the situation, where a person lives, and how the owner wants to train their dog.

However, in an urban setting, where streets may not be as pristine as other parts of the country, it is understandable for an owner to be a little more cautious with a 2.5 lb yorkie under 6 months old. This is also assuming that there are no other dogs in the household.

I'm all about giving dogs the chance to be just that, dogs. But at the same time I think it's perfectly normal for first time owners to be a little more cognizant of the surroundings of their dogs. In those 6 months, the puppy can still be exposed to other dogs in a controlled environment. Some owners may not want their <6 month old yorkie running around in a dirty dog park covered with feces and woodchips.

Just my opinion. *ARF*
Well, I agree with this! I definitely do not think a puppy without all their shots should be in a DOG PARK, lol. I wouldn't allow that, either. But I don't think keeping them inside 24/7 for six months is fair either. But yes, I totally see your point.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!