View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
TeresaM
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
that's great to hear. My Rosie is almost 13 weeks and great personality so far. Just worried she'll change. I know there are no guarantees but at least a good chance!
Gracie Ruth, who was very confident, bold and outgoing as a pup, got a little fearful of other people and dogs around her 1 year mark. She's 17 months now and although a bit wary at times, is pretty much back to telling everyone what they need to do and how they should be doing it. She knows she's safe with me and does her best 'bossing' from between my feet.

Yogi has never realized that there are things out there that can eat him. He thinks everyone is his next best friend and finds nothing worth getting excited over except treats and whatever toy G is currently playing with. He's 10 months old and I've noticed him having some 'shy' episodes now. Not fearful, not scared, just a little shy and wanting to be close to a human. He is so secure that people are 'good' that if he can't get to me he'll go to any human for 'protection'. At the dog park he'll simply plop himself down on the nearest feet and sit there until either I come get him, the people move out from underneath him, or he feels safe to wander off again. It's quite comical to see the look on peoples faces when they feel him climb up and plop down on their feet. They start looking around with a slightly worried look on their face to see if they can find his Momma. I'll just laugh and say, "Sorry, yes, he's mine. He couldn't find my feet to sit on and yours must have been the closest ones he could find."
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!