View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
anniernc
YT 1000 Club Member

Default My sick little angel

My little 17 1/2 year old Heidi has been in renal failure for 3 yrs now and in congestive heart failure for 1 yr. She was flushed out with IV fluids when she was diagnosed 3 yrs ago and I have been giving her sub-q fluids and several medications every day since then. She started out weighing 6.2 lbs and is now down to 4.8 lbs. She has come so close to dying many times but pulled through somehow by the grace of God. I took her to the vet about 1 month ago because she had just about stopped eating, had lost weight and could hardly stand up. He didn't think she was going to make it this time (but said if any dog could make it it would be her) and he ask about my thoughts as to what I was wanting to do. I told him that if she was not in any pain that I wanted her come home to be with us until it was her time. She is amazing. She is now eating 4-5 times a day and waking up in the middle of the night to potty and eat again. She is walking better and walking with her head up. She still knows who we are and gives us kisses and although she is almost blind she comes looking for us if she gets lost. My daughter says she is like the energizer bunny- she takes a licking and keeps on ticking. She was my first yorkie and is so special to me and I hope she can hang on for awhile longer.
anniernc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!