View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #6
diane boden
YT 500 Club Member

O.kay so I know I'm not in America and I no longer breed myself as I donot have time at the moment to commit to raising a litter in the correct way. But it certainly sounds like you are having the same problems as we are here in the U.k. Suppoe=sed well meaning people using the law to stop the breeding of pedigree dogs. These people think the only healthy dog is a medium sized cross breed of indiscriminate parentage. Coincidently just the type of dogs that fill most rescue orginisations over here. Unfortunatly for most small breeders they are far easier to target and legislate against than the big comercial kennels who can afford expensive lawyers or simply upsticks and move somewhere else and start all over again. At the moment I'm watching a program of a puppy mill raid in America, a kennel which was inspected and passed as suitable, go figure. I wish you luck in you attemp to stop yhis bill, these people should be encouraging responsible breeders instead of pushing them into the hands of the big breeders.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!