View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 04:06 AM   #5
roxies_mom
YT 1000 Club Member

Welcome to YT! Congrats on your new little one. Coco is a great name! The dog I had before Roxie was named Coco. I'd give him some time to warm up to you. Like the other poster said about sitting on the floor just kind of doing your own thing. It puts you at more of a trusting level. Talk gentle and slow movements.
Yorkies are sometimes picky about treats. My Roxie won't touch a treat if it's hard and crunchy. She absolutely loves beef flavored Pup-peroni treats. If you can get them maybe you could try those. I break them up into small pieces and give a little bit at a time.
If you are taking long walks I'd go early in the morning and then early evening. It's so hot out and their little bodies are so close to the pavement. Plus carry a little water bottle with you. I'm sure you probably already know that but I worry so much about pets with the heat. Esp. puppies they can over heat so quickly.
Good luck with your puppy and again Welcome to the wonderful world of loving a yorkie!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!