View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 05:07 AM   #4
yorkie_mama22
Currently Suspended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewco View Post
Actually my children are 7 and 10 and they are really responsible and love our Sammy. They are so gentle with Apple and our cats.

As for a smaller weight, even if their could be one found, I can tell you one of my Sphynx weighs only 6 pounds. She is healthy but some Sphynx are know to be born small. She is in great health.

I actually have a friend looking for a small Maltese or Yorkie in her small town in PA for me. Some people have been know to have to give up their dog due to bankruptcy or foreclosure so as sad as I feel for them, I may be able to get a darling puppy so it won't end up in the shelter to be put to sleep.

This is a great site with lots of good information. What Ladymom is trying to tell you is that, REPUTABLE breeders don't breed their females at 3.5-4 lbs. So it would be hard for you to find a "retiree". If you have never owned a yorkie before this site has tons of info about yorkies, they are not like typical dogs. Little ones are "cute" but are prone to alot more problems. I am not sure how big your current dog is, but a 3.5lber may not be suitable for a large breed dog if they have not grown up together. NObody is trying to be rude, we just are passionate about yorkies and care about them very much. You won't find one for cheap unless you do get an older one, I find yorkies are more expensive then maltese.
yorkie_mama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!