View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
YorkieLove77
YT Addict

Nevermind...I found the answer .

On my airline(s) (I work for NWA/Delta), it is $75-80 each way for a pet to travel as carry-on in the cabin.

Now, this is the reason I asked this question. As I browse these forums every day I find myself often struck with immense sadness and tears as I read about various Yorkies that are in need of rescue, yet they may be too far away for those who are interested in adopting them. Or the shipping costs are too high. So I had the CRAZIEST idea just now. I am a flight attendant and I fly for free, anywhere I want. I started wondering how feasible it would be to fly out to rescue these babies and get them to whomever wants to adopt them? So basically it would only cost $75-80 to get them to their new home, as they would only be on one flight segment. I swear, I cry every day when I read posts about yet another poor baby that needs a home, but is not local to anyone, etc. I almost feel like I HAVE to do something in those situations. My heart keeps breaking.

Is this in any way even possible? Or am I sounding like an idiot?? I really, really want to do something!!!!

Last edited by YorkieLove77; 06-21-2009 at 09:07 PM.
YorkieLove77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!