View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #3
Dame
Senior Yorkie Talker

I was browsing amazon the other night and happened upon Victoria Stillwell's book. Since they had new copies in their marketplace section for pretty cheap I bought one.

I think she has some interesting sections, and she is good about explaining how behavioral training works in a way that really is pretty accessible. Her book isn't extremely in-depth (so its not a cure-all source for everything) but it is a good introduction on the whole behaviorist theory without being overwhelming and might be a nice primer for getting started. She's just one of many authors who have written books on the topic as well so I am sure you can find a lot of great books that are similar (and more in-depth.)

While I certainly don't want to discredit something just because its an infomercial, I think you might be able to find some great books on animal behaviorist training (and maybe even DVDs or videos) online through sites like amazon (the marketplace especially) or half.com for a lot cheaper. I think that is just me, because I love to bargain hunt.

Good luck in your training!
Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!