View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDandPasquale View Post
Hi crystal, I kind of wanted to stay away from chicken..cause he does tend to itch a little. He's on venison and sweet potatoe right now which he loves...but i dont know if he's itching from the food or the pollen. I know he has to be allergic to pollen cause when the pollen count was really high..his poor eyes were watering. Thank god a half of a benedryl helped him with that. Hubby and I have racked our brains trying to figure out why he's itching. Pasquale wont eat any fish formulated food....i've tried whitefish...salmon....turns his nose up at it. He's definitely a carnavore.
If it started in the spring, it is very likely environmental. After 2-3 months into a food change, you should see major improvements if a food allergy is the problem. You can also use turkey breast or egg white in place of chicken or just give the vegetarian with nothing else just to see. If he doesn't do well, you can always switch him. If he is on venison and s. potato though, I wouldn't imagine the food is causing the problem. Just be careful with introducing too many proteins or grains because if he ever does have serious hypersensitivity and/or allergy problems someday, you will then have nothing novel to go to.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!