View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebeyorkie View Post
Hi everyone,
My vet told me to take pups @ 6 wks old for first set of shots. I called today to make an appt. but receptionist said they're too young @ 6 wks

When do you give first set of shots?

My other concern is my daughter was @ her friends house yesterday and they're neighbor has 3 new pups that are not vaccinated. My daughter takes her yorkie for playtime with her friends chihuahua Even though pups don't belong to my daughters friend they are always @ her house because they share backyard. I'm really worried now - they're seems to be alot of parvo going around. What to do?

My other question is when should I give them water or puppy formula? Weather has been hot out here just want to make sure they stay hydrated They're 4 wks today.

Thanks
Since I only use Goats Milk diluted with 1/2 Distilled water, I offer water, but they don't take to it until I begin feeding. You can start giving them a gruel now of Gerber's rice cereal and whatever puppy formula you're feeding. When puppies teeth start coming, which should be in about another week, yo can start adding softened puppy kibbles.

As far as your daughter being at a place that is unvaccinated. When I come in from the outside, I leave my shoes outside....I make sure my hands have been thoroughly washed. If I've been to a place where there have been other dogs, I usually take a shower and change clothes before I enter the puppy area.

Last edited by Mardelin; 06-19-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!