View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #15
luckylady
Living My Yorkie Dream
Donating Member

Default A little more info....

I went to visit my mom and another of my sisters' that lives with her today; they told me this....
Maggie had noticed that she was having trouble speaking, would go to say something, but no words would come out. After seeing a doctor and having a CAT scan/MRI?????? done, a small tumor was found on the left side of the back of her head, the area that affects speech. She is on some kind of medication until she sees the doctor and/or neurosurgeon on Monday; not sure what the medication is for. There was no mention of her having any pain, so I assume that is not an issue. From what I understand, the doctor appointment on Monday is to learn more about the tumor and get information on surgery pros & risks. At this point she is saying she doesn't want surgery; I'm guessing that is her fear that is talking.
On a slightly brighter note, the word small was used to describe the tumor and they believe that it is a primary tumor meaning that it started there and didn't come from another area. So we are praying for a successful surgery and that the tumor is found to be non-cancerous. I will update more as I learn more, probably after her visit to the doctors on Monday.
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!