View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 08:09 AM   #10
miabellaamoure
♥YORKIERESCUE.com♥
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 036 It all started with Bella-boo...

Bella-boo came first and even tho' she will always be the apple of my eye (don't tell the others!), there was always this little nagging feeling like just one more would be so much fun!

Two years later...I came across YTNR (Yorkshire Terrier National Rescue Adoptions and Shop) and there I laid eyes on my Abby-girl!

She was surrendered by her college student Momma when she outgrew her purse & the new boyfriend didn't like dogs...she definitely surrendered the wrong one...jmho!

Bella & Abby were like two peas in a pod and from behind...it was actually hard to tell the two apart! Kizmet accomplished!

After adopting Abby, I decided to join forces with YTNR and became a "foster mom" which caused me to have reason to be looking on their website which stirred those feelings again...and BAM!

Before my eyes is a lil' Yorkie-girl, Phoebe who was pulling on my heart strings. I did inquire about her but then decided I should really put my attentions to fostering...plus, did I really another ?

Still I could not stop thinking about Phoebe and checked now and then to see if she was still there...and she was!

This feeling of "serendipity" started to take over & I felt like I was meant to be her Momma and the girls were meant to be her new furblings (my new word!).

After a lot of talking & visits with her foster mom, Moira...and convincing our YTNR (CA director) that I still intended to be a foster mom...Phoebe eventually came home to live with us furever!

PS...As many of us have "multiples" (like Jon & Kate + 8)...it is IMPERATIVE that one must FIRST access their finances & time to make sure that you have enough of BOTH to commit to the needs of these babies!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!