Thread: Has the runs
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 07:11 PM   #10
pspin1975
Senior Yorkie Talker

I would do away with the solid food until her stool becomes completely solid again. Try just feeding her the chicken with the rice and water with pedialyte-no treats, snacks, etc. Give her more rice than chicken, rice binds you and it should make the pooping stop-however when I had this incident with my baby, nothing was helping, not the rice...nothing he continued to poop. Towards the end he was pooping every 15 mins. and it was a clear water and he scooted his butt as well. Keep your eye on her, make sure she is drinking her water so that she doesn't become dehydrated. If I were you, honestly I would take her to the emergency room-but I'm a nervous nelly. And you know your baby best, I just saw that Louie was very week and the pooping was getting to be more and more often and I couldn't take it anymore. They gave him a shot in the emergency room to stop the poops. I continued to give him chicken and rice until his stool was very solid again and then I mixed a little bit of his kibble, chicken and rice and every day weaned him off the chicken and rice a little more. How is she doing now??
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!