View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #15
Maddie23
Senior Yorkie Talker

I wish I had it as easy as you guys! My Maddie is 18 months and potties outside. We have always taken (carried) her out to a pen to potty. The back yard is fenced, but big and we learned quickly she is hard to catch if she doesn't want to be caught!! Anyway, it seems she will go religiously when we take her out on schedule. Now that she is older, we have her schedule down pretty well. The problem is, if she has to go before we take her out, she doesn't wait, she just goes. Whereever she is. I always use the enzyme cleaner and she never goes back to the same spot. It is almost like it just never occurs to her to wait until we take her out. She doesn't "tell" us when she needs to go. I have heard about the bells, but we have a U shaped house, so if she rings the bell on one side of the house and we are on the other, we won't hear it. She will go weeks without an accident and then I'll find a couple of dried spots on the carpet where I didn't even know she had gone. Sometimes the spots aren't very big, like she started to go and then remembered.... ????
Maddie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!