View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
KJLive
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Hi there and Welcome to YT! Sounds as if your little one is challenging you already? It sounds to me that if she's gone from adorable little puppy to holy terror that she is feeling comfortable in her new home and is now pushing the envelop to see just how much she can control. Although a fairly new Yorkie owner myself (Sophie is a little of 9 mths) I did pick up a few things along the way. First...please don't use her crate a "punishment" for bad behavior. This is their safe haven..their home. You don't want to make it into a "bad" place. Certainly you may use it as a "time out" if she's done something that requires your immediate attention and you can't keep an eye on her..ie: piddled on the floor and you need to clean it up. As for the play time...it sounds as if she needs a small area to run and play in under your supervision. When you get her out to play instead of on your lap maybe in a spare bathroom/bedroom/kitchen area? Lastly, you MUST assert yourself as the boss or "pack leader" in your home. This is what the barking, growling, etc is all about. She's trying you to see how far she can go with it. They are very spirited dogs and although most times it's cute how they "challenge", you still need to be the boss. Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!