View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 06:44 AM   #12
Gypsy & Me
lovin my girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOY View Post
I generally subscribe to the notion that if it "ain't" broke, don't try to fix it. Personally I did not observe anyone unhappy with their gift boxes as far as contents go. The only problem I saw was in delivery and I'd venture to guess that over 95% of those problems were not at the hands of the yorkietalk participant. There are too many factors in shipping anything anywhere for it to be an exact science. (I have literally waited over 3 weeks for a "next day" delivery newspaper from where I used to live to be delivered.) There is already a "ship by" date and if folks follow that rule, any delay after shipment is beyond their control.
Exactly, I don't think it's fair to set a date the packages have to be received by. I sent my package by airsure which is 3-4 days, priority handling in the UK and the US, but it still took just over a week. I know people are going to say "well then you need to ship it earlier to meet the deadline" but then you're taking away time that we have to shop which is also unfair if you're waiting on certain items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOY View Post
We are adults. Personally I don't think we need to regulate the pleasure out of the experience. I would hope we all would approach it with the intent of a not-so-random act of kindness toward a fellow Yorkietalker and their pet. As I've said before, none of us are going to have our greatest fantasy or dreams realized in a box shipped from someone else...not at a maximum of $20, $50, or even $100. It's the excitement and expectation of the box you pack and send as much as it is the one you open at your address...if not more so.
Some people have gone above and WAY beyond the minimum though several times. It's nice that people can and want to spend that amount but not everyone can and I know on a previous thread about this people have stated that they feel their package wasn't enough when they see everyone elses. I know everyone says that it's not the receiving it's the giving part but I can't help but feel sometimes that that isn't the case and sometimes people have sent very little themselves but then posted their thanks but seemed a little put out at not having received much themselves. I'm not talking about any specific GE, I've participated in all but 2 GEs since I've been a member and I've seen this numerous times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaM View Post
I like the idea of a Ship By Date as opposed to a Received By Date simply because it's very hard to control that which we have no control over. ie: postal companies. But if the rule of sending Admin the Routing Number and shipping info is followed, then Admin would have the info on hand to provide to anyone who had a concern about not receiving their package.
Agreed.

Quote:
I'm sad to think we'd need a rule about 'complaining' and not having been involved in any of the other GE's I don't know if this is an ongoing problem, but if it seems to be then I agree that something should be put in the rules about it. If you have a complaint or concern I think it would be best to first take it offline to Admin. Then, if with Admins help, it can't be resolved then post something.
It is sad but I think there does need to be something put in the rules about this. It states in the rules that if you have not received your gift 2weeks after the ship by date then you are to PM admin. I know and appreciate that everyone is excited to received their gifts but when barely a week has passed and people are saying they didn't get theirs yet and others are saying how bad they feel for them, then it's not fair on the sender when it's out of their control. I think 2 weeks after the ship by date, (or maybe as long as 3), is fair enough to make sure all packages get there and the rules do state already that if you've not received it by then then to PM admin and they will contact your buddy. Posting and saying you've not got it, why is taking so long and how irresponsible it is to not be able to ship on time just achieves nothing other than hurt feelings.

Quote:
I love to see all the photos in the Thank You posts but agree and understand that not everyone has a digital camera available to them or are savvy enough to post pictures. I am blessed with a camera (it was a gift) and I've been able to figure out how to post pictures, but just barely. I think a Thank You post should be just that, the receivers heartfelt thanks and thoughts. If that includes photos, WONDERFUL, if not I don't think we should dictate how a person says Thank You.
I think the best part about the GE is seeing the yorkie you bought the gifts for enjoying them. I appreciate not everyone can upload photos but in the past we've had members email them to others to upload on their behalf. I don't think there has yet been a GE where someone who has signed up hasn't got either an avatar with their dog in it, an album of their dog or even just one post with a photo. So really there isn't any reason to not post the photos in those cases. If someone signed up and has never once posted a photo then fair enough, make an exception if they don't have a camera. I don't feel it's dictating at all. I have sent a GE myself in the past and they've not posted photos, they said thank you and listed the items but I honestly couldn't tell if they genuinely liked what I sent them or not. I'm not saying that the photos would prove they liked it by any means, but it would of shown they'd at least put the time and thought into the thank you. There's a whole lot of difference between a text post saying thank you and then one with photos... If a member is putting so much time, thought and effort into a package to send then I think it's only fair that a member puts as much time, thought and effort into saying thank you.
Gypsy & Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!