View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 03:19 AM   #4
Chrisann
Senior Yorkie Talker

Oh Bless...I am having exactly the same problem with my little pup..He is 15 weeks old today..I have had him now since 8 weeks old....He is the same with me...Bites feet ..leggings...hands in fact any bit of flesh he can get his teeth into...Even when playing..he quickly diverts his attention to my hands etc. so I have to be extra quick..I too find it annoying..and sometimes keeping our tempers is so hard isn't it..but I think it is so important to be very consistent with these things. I get angry with him..let him know its not allowed..say a very strict "Stop"..and then ignore him for a short while...He is beginning to get the idea but its not cured yet...

I know it is the teething process...but I do hope ..like I am sure you do that they will grow out of it..and not become Biters as they grow up.

It does make me wary of him though with other people who approach a pup thinking that they can just stroke him...he then lunges at them with his mouth...this I don't like at all...so again I have to be very sharp with him.

As for the leash etc. I have a collar on my pup which he seems to accept...I take him for walks around the House and give him little treats after... As he has only just finished his jabs he hasn't been out yet.

Like you and others it seems that Biting is an issue which we just have to be very strict with them about and make them understand that it is behaviour that we will not tolerate at all..

Keep at it..and keep calm..we are all with you.

Chrisann xx
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!