Thread: My new yorkie
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #13
sapo1009
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwitscher View Post
I think she is a Yorkie. The Yorkshire Terrier is a man made breed that took many different breeds to ultimately get what we have. Your girl has a light color coat. They are all dark when they are born so a breeder may not know really what color they will be as an adult but there were white, black, blue, terrier, silky, broken coated, soft coated, prick ears, drop ears throughout the development of the breed. There are some lines that produce a more consistent look but there is or has been line breeding to lock in the look. I don't have a problem with line breeding it's just since the past genetics are in the DNA, all of the combination's may come out from time to time. These are the things that separate a show from a pet prospect. I've also found that genetics will skip generations, size and color. So a lighter colored dog could produce offspring that stay darker. Their grand-sire or grand-dam is probably darker and it came out in that breeding. Take heart that your little girl is in my opinion a full blooded Yorkie and a cutie pie!

Thank you so much this helped me out a lot.
She is almost two.
sapo1009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!