View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #8
camile
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Hmmmm I'm not trying to contradict the Vet but it sounds odd. I didn't think Science Diet was very good either plus I've always heard dogs should never eat cat food. Something about some of the ingredients not setting well with dogs, if memory serves, I think it could cause allergies. As far as treats are concerned, I suppose they are worried about the ingredients. Cheap treats have terrible ingredients. Seems to me an elevated white count would indicate an infection. Poor baby. When I first got my last one she got a little constipated, very much like Marley, very hard, seemed like she was having a tough time pushing it out. I gave her a tiny bit of dried apple. The kind you get packaged for snacks. It's one of the foods I give for treats. Worked like a charm within hours. Not to be too gross, but the apple came out pretty much the way it went in but it got her over that initial problem and she's been OK since.very

I sure hope this works for her and she is back to normal soon. This must be taking its toll on you too. Good luck and keep us posted.
camile is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!