Thread: I'm Very Lucky
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
nneessaa
YT 500 Club Member

Default I'm Very Lucky

I just wanted to say I joined here because I wanted to get a Yorkie in a few years and wanted more information. Since then, everything has changed. I started out with a 2 month trial with a crazy, annoying, barking Yorkie who peed in the house. He turned into the sweetest, quietest, calmest little guy who only has a poo accident once in a while after I got him neutered. He is the best thing in the world and is so attached to me, but still loves all other dogs and people.

First part of this school year I was unmotivated to do anything. I went from a 4.0 to 3.8 and then 3.0 first semester this year. It was not good. Second semester I got 3 A's and 2 B's, one in an AP class. Everything changed when I got my boy, Scruffs. I love him, and he loves me and we are a perfect match.

I started pet sitting more which is so great since I love dogs and I get paid for it. Now I always have 2-3 extra dogs at my house. It encourages me to keep my house and room clean, walk Scruffs for 2 hours everyday, and be responsible since I have to make sure I have everyone taken care of.

I also started volunteering at Acadia Veterinary Clinic, which I love too since I want to be a vet. Everything has totally turned around from the beginning of this year and now I have a whole summer with dogs. I'm going to hopefully start volunteering at petsmart adoption fairs and also at Adobe Animal Clinic if I can.

I am so lucky to be doing everything I love and I had to share my experience. I was scared to volunteer at first because I'm shy, but hey, if you want to do something then do it. I've wanted to volunteer at a shelter my entire life but was never old enough or had the courage. The vets office is just as good for me.

Thanks for all the advice before, guys. I doubt anyone remembers it was in January but since then my old Cocker passed away . I am so happy I had Scruffs and my pet sitting business to keep me going.

Vanessa
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!