View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:20 AM   #1
lovelylf1
I ♥ Scooter
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 019 Has anyone tried Chef Michael's by Purina??

Scooter had an unfortunate visit to the ER Vet this weekend. Long story short, he ate something (still unknown) that nearly killed the little guy. After lots of tests and procedures (including getting his stomach pumped), he is back to his happy go lucky self (THANKFULLY). The ER Vet recommended that I feed him wet food for a few days so that his body can adjust again. He is on Wellness Dry and we are super happy with that (I don't intend to change that). Anyways, I went to the grocery store (we are on vacation) to quickly get some wet dog food. They had a new kind, Chef Michael's Canine Creations by Purina. It had a resealable top which because we are on vacation and he rarely eats wet food was very appealing.

I bought three cans (all different flavors). Scooter does not eat wet dog food and when I have tried in the past to feed it to him, has totally turned his nose up to it. I know he was hungry from not eating at the vet but wow....he polished off the entire can without even blinking. I made note that maybe it was just that flavor. A few hours later, I openned a second can (different flavor). He again polished the entire thing off. Last night, he ate his dry food and did ok with it. A little while ago, I openned up the third and final flavor. He devoured it.

Has anyone else tried it? I know it is not the best nutritionally but as a supplement, it seems to get his vote. We tried two beef flavors and rotisserie chicken. I was impressed that there were whole vegetables in them (peas, carrots, and corn were all identifiable). He would have liked the can if I let him. The box at the store said they were new but I am just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience. We lost our leash while traveling to get here and PetsMart does not carry the food (I looked yesterday when I went to get the leash while he was napping). Albertsons of all places had it with like 6 flavors to choose from but not Petsmart....I dont get it but if you had seen Scooter eat the wet food, you would understand my interest.

Does anyone elses dogs like it? Thanks in advance for responding!!

Last edited by lovelylf1; 06-16-2009 at 07:23 AM.
lovelylf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!