View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
Nikitta34
YT 500 Club Member

Plane Seoul to Boston, Round #3

Well, Meg and I will be taking our third around-the-world flight on Friday. Trips 1 was perfect, 2 was 90% perfect, and I'm hoping that 3 will go well, too. We're flying from Seoul, Korea to Boston with a layover in San Fran. Meg has always been comfortable in her carrier (after a short period of whining), but I popped her in teh carrier a couple days ago and she barked, cried loudly, and clawed to get out. Granted she is in heat at the moment, so she is feeling ancy and a little 'off'. Poor baby.

We'll spend a week in the Boston area, then we're headed to Wyoming. We're flying one leg of that trip on Frontier Air, which does not allow dogs in the cabin, so they'd BETTER take the service dog letter. I'm definitely nervous aout that. NO WAY are they putting her in the baggage area. That would have to happen over my dead body - literally.

I was debating getting a larger carrier for her... Maybe she feels claustrophic in the one she has now? It's definitely big enough for her to lay down and stand, but it could be bigger. I guess I'll do another test run when I get home and see if she's comfortable in it still.

Anyway, now I'm rambling, so I'll finish this post. Just wanted to let all of you who loyal traveling-section readers know that I have a trip coming up soon.

Fingers crossed that United won't have any trouble with my service dog note. They accepted it last time so hopefully we won't have any trouble again this time. It's always a little scary when you are in a foreign country and trying to explain a US policy to people who don't speak English very well.

Last edited by Nikitta34; 06-15-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Nikitta34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!