View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
Roxy 87
YT 500 Club Member

Default Teeth brushing problems

I've brushed Tila's teeth before and now I'm having problems. Months ago she got sick, a cold. And the vet told me to give her cough syrup for her coughing. I was able to brush her teeth before that, now since then she will not let me near her mouth. She thinks she's getting cough syrup. I've tried and I tried brushing her teeth tonight again and she wiggled and squirmed and just would not, would not let me do it. I'm upset about this because I know it's important to have regular teeth brushing. So I gave up with her toothbrush and tried the little finger one and she let me do it a bit. I didn't want to push it and stress her out too much. Does anyone have any tips on how to get her to like brushing her teeth again and getting her to trust me that it's not cough syrup I'm trying to give her everytime I try to open her mouth. She's good for grooming brushing and everything she sits there and lets me brush and put her ponytail in and everything. But help I need to brush her teeth. Thanks. Also does anyone know the best toothpaste that they seem to like?

Last edited by Roxy 87; 06-14-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Roxy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!