Thread: Worried
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
Ice Lady
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyp26 View Post
Hi all! I need some info about my pup, Winston. He just turned one on june 1. I noticed last night that he was drinking a lot of water. So far this morning he is still drinking a lot and he has had a few accidents on the floor. My husband and I have been frantically cleaning house because my in-laws are on their way. We are both nervous about the visit so I think we might also be making him nervous. He also seems hot. He was just laying on my lap taking a nap and he seemed warmer than usual. He was running around earlier so Im not sure if it is from that. He has always seemed to feel warmer than other dogs. My question is do you think I should get him to a vet or do you think I am worrying for nothing. He really isnt acting differently. He has played a lot this morning and is now taking a nap. He has just been drinking more, having a few accidents on the floor and feels warm. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have never had a little dog before so I worry about him a lot! Thanks and sorry for rambling!
Yorkies tend to pick up on the stress level in the home. You are feeling stressed out and bustling about so he is getting nervous too, hence the nervous peeing. I would watch him closely. Invest in a pediatric rectal thermometer and some KY jelly in the morning and take his temp. That will tell you if you have to head for the vet or not.

Good Luck Hon, relax, Winston will so captivate your in-laws that they won't notice that you didn't get a few odds and ends done before they arrived.

Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!